Friday, August 15, 2008

sleep deprivation

The Olympics are killing me. I am watching them every night well past my normal 11 o'clock bedtime. I am watching them until I can't see straight. I hobble off to bed sometime after midnight or even 1AM to be startled awake some hours or minutes later, who knows by that time of night, by the cheering of my husband.

Last night, however, he was sleeping on the couch, claiming to be awake, of course.

When Mark Phelps won this race to tie Mark Spitz's record, I let out a scream and a holler...

capt.aac01ecbb9334d9096646b3619369458.beijing_olympics_swimming_100m_mens_butterfly_oly519 combosmall Phelps__1218874038_0688 After his initial jolt, Doug said to rewind it and play it again, play it again. Because you know that the news casters won't be playing it again and again from now until....

And it is all the moments like these that make spawn those tired days. It was awesome!!!

6 comments:

debbie said...

omg, me, too! I have been dragging around. I knew I would be busy moving around at work so I would be ok during the day and then could take a nap in the afternoon. I finally decided to practice some discipline and didn't turn on the TV Thursday night. Go figure, it was the night Nastia won the gold, drats! We don't have DVR!

debbie said...

oh, I forgot. I am glad I am not a judge, because the Phelps race looked really, really close. I am glad he won though.

Melanie said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! We were going nuts last night and tonight.

SpaceyKasey said...

Amen. (Yawn, rub eyes.)

Rae said...

Thanks to my DVR I go to sleep at a semi-normal time but I'm having a problem in the morning. The kids and I plop ourselves down in front of the TV and spend HOURS watching the Olympics from the night before!!! Needless to say there have been a few morning that I look at the clock and it's almost lunchtime and I haven't even showered yet!!!

Stephanie said...

I am right there with you! I hate that everything is on so late. I hate that I missed the gymnastics, my favorite part, because it starts at 11! I have enjoyed the swimming though.