Monday, August 18, 2008

yes, but no

Yes, we did go back to school today, but no we will not go back tomorrow.

hurrican fay

We will wait and watch out for Hurricane Fay, who at the moment seems intent on driving right up the middle of the state.

School was pretty typical for the first day. Everyone was tired and hungry by 10:30am. But we all had to hang on until 11:31am. Some kids were much better than I had thought they would be considering their behavior at "Meet the Teacher". Others were considerably worse. The best moment came when I figured out that everyone can read. Even the kid who told me that he couldn't!

The funniest moment of the day was when I told my class that I had a note for them to take home, but to please remember and TELL their parents that there would be no school Tuesday or Wednesday. The kid raises his hand and says,"Can I have the note because my parents can't believe anything I say."

2 comments:

Rae said...

What great news about all of your students being readers!!!

What sad news about this hurricane!!!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Melody said...

Cute!

I sure hope we don't have to call you and beg for gasoline for the generator again...