Monday, December 15, 2008

the garden in december

Also known as Garden Bloggers Bloom Day (GBBD). I am not really a garden blogger, but I still enjoy this monthly tradition of photographing whatever is blooming in the garden. My poor garden has had so little care the past few months. Apart from when the Claytons have taken care of it...it has had no love. Nevertheless, it did not disappoint today. And some showoffs  appeared today just so that they could be featured in the photo shoot. For example:

DSC03686 

This one...and she brought six of her friends along with!DSC03714

DSC03685 The bottlebrush tree is just starting to show.

DSC03716I loved the poppies growing wild that we saw when we lived overseas. They grew really well in California too. When I spotted a seed packet, I decided to try them again. I now know that I was trying to grow them in the wrong season previously. It is too hot in Florida to grow them in the summertime as they do elsewhere.

Another winter favorite in Florida that I am so pleased to finally have had some success with is cilantro!DSC03711

 

 

 

 

The Swedish fig baskets are still  beautiful!

DSC03713

DSC03681These are two flowers from the garden show that are blooming their heads off for me!DSC03680DSC03700The bougainvillea shows her colored leaves year round and deserves a shout out now and then!

 

 

 DSC03691

I have green beans growing...not very many, but I am delighted with my farming pursuits this winter anyway.DSC03688

 

 

  DSC03696    

The other day when I saw flowers on the sweet peas, it was so exciting. The flowers are deep purple, but obviously camera shy. I have hope for peas at some point!

 

 

 

DSC03718 My Seguine grandkids will be thrilled to know that there are loads of tangerines and oranges ready and waiting for them to pick!DSC03717

5 comments:

Jordan Mathews said...

Your garden is always a vision of Heaven!

Tricia said...

yes they will!

debbie said...

I enjoy your garden updates.

My Shell said...

December and still a delight to look at. It's fun to see the color come out during Florida's "winter". Thanks for sharing!

Danette Garrett said...

How lovely! I miss florida already.