Wednesday, December 17, 2008

scripture study

A number of years ago, Marty Share, from the Fort Myers Stake sent my husband a copy of their stake's scripture study program. I thought it looked very cool. I thought about it off and on throughout the year as I struggled with my inconsistent reading patterns. The next year Marty sent the next version. I asked my husband if I could have it and he told me that I could.

I read faithfully for the first six months and then my study fell apart during the summer. When December rolled around, I collected the booklet from my husband and tried again, armed with a plan. I realized that during the summer, I needed something lightweight and portable, so I would save the conference issue talks for vacation days. It worked like a charm and after three years I was successful in completing the entire program. But even the two previous years, and even with my inconsistencies, I still felt that I was doing better than I had in the past.

On a fairly regular basis, when Doug and I were having a discussion, I would be reminded of something that I had just read.

The next year Doug decided to implement the program in our stake. We are now in year five! The Bend Oregon Stake joined us last year, and so it became a coast-to-coast program. It has been such a blessing in my life.

The 2009 downloadable version is here in pdf format.

I am pleased to send a booklet to anyone who GetAttachmentwould like one. Just send me an email with your address and it will be on it's way-- because today a group of us did a little service project putting together a thousand of them in case you want to use them for your 

                                  2009 Scripture Study.

 

2 comments:

Christy said...

Thank you! I didn't last long in the program this year, but I'm going to try again!

My Shell said...

I loved 2008! What a brilliant idea!