Wednesday, December 10, 2008

retirement party

At our school we have a snack n yak after school once month with each grade level taking a turn hosting. It was second grade's turn today. I had a post observation interview with the Assistant Principal scheduled, so I took my treats over to the Media Center and was waiting for her when I heard my name announced all over the school to come back to the Media Center. 

SURPRISE!DSC03622

My teaching partner, Colleen  had come to school to join the celebration as well as Melody Shipley, my first job share companion. The teachers gave me a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant in town, The Goblin Market. In addition, the second grade team gave me a gift certificate to the Yard Stop, a local nursery.DSC03620

I was very surprised!

And delighted with the thoughtful gifts!

No comments: