Monday, August 30, 2010

doctor brown

I called Dr. Brown's office as soon as they opened this morning. They asked me to come over as soon as possible, so we arrived about ten minutes later. It was my first time ever in a chiropracter's office. Even though we ended up waiting about an hour for them to work me in, Dr. Brown was so attentive and made me feel as if I was his only patient. He spent about half an hour with us, but he felt quite sure that my injuries are out of his league and recommended that we go see Dr. Manoogian.  In the end, he called our visit a no-charge "consult" and only asked that we contact them and let them know how things turn out.

We drove straight to Dr. Manoogian's office. Doug filled out the paperwork for me and returned it to the front desk and then received a sheaf of papers and gestured to me that we were leaving. Once in the car, I asked if we were going to get x-rays. He said that we weren't and the papers were just to be filled out by my appointment on Thursday.

Keeping in mind, my fragile emotional state as well, of course, that made me cry. How is it that I can have an accident four days ago, but now I want to be seen right now, today! I asked him to take me back...and then I went in an begged for an appointment today. She told me that he was in surgery, but was able to schedule me for tomorrow. I can cope with that.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I'm glad that you're getting it looked at. All will be well.