Thursday, August 26, 2010

i fell out of bed

It was awful. The phone rang and apparently, I was startled into action, but not fully...and down I went. Brianna heard the clamour and the crying and ran to my room. She asked if she could call dad and told him to come straight home. I think he called back and asked Brianna if I wanted a blessing and when I said yes, he said he would bring Bishop Saunders home with him. A few minutes later, he called and said he would be home in five minutes and he told Brianna to have me wait downstairs. She explained to him that I was in the fetal position and shaking and it wasn't going to be possible.

Doug and the Bishop arrived. I was able to relax as soon as the blessing began.

After the Bishop left, Doug checked me over to make sure that there were not any bones obviously protuding in the wrong direction. Although he wanted to take me to the emergency room, I begged to stay home. In the end, I think that he knows that a trip to the emergency room would have been even more traumatizing for me than falling out bed and agreed to wait, at least until morning.

I love him for that.

He packed ice all down the left side of my body. I begged him to sleep with me because I was afraid to be alone. He reluctantly agreed. When I woke up a couple of hours later, I wanted more ice and he was sleeping so soundly, so I carefully threaded my way downstairs.

I spent the next half hour looking at shoulder injuries on the internet trying to decide what I had done to myself.

It was too much to manage to go back up the stairs, so I spent the rest of the night on the couch, inadvertently scaring Brianna half to death when she came downstairs for seminary.

1 comment:

debbie said...

ok, I must live in a bubble. This is the first I have heard of this. I didn't see you at all at church on Sunday. :( At least you know that people don't gossip. At least to me. :)