Monday, August 16, 2010

what happened to the wallpaper


I first noticed that the wallpaper was looking like it was wet. It was wet. Then we discovered the water source.While we were away this summer the upstairs toilet started leaking. It leaked through the floor and down the walls to the downstairs bathroom. Although I haven't wallpapered in years, I recently did a repair at Tricia's house, and it went well and only took a couple of hours.

However, we wallpapered the bathroom quite a while ago, and unlike Tricia, I didn't have more than a few scraps left over. I did some research though and felt very fortunate to discover that Thibaut is still making the pattern.

The wallpaper arrived within a few days, but when I went to strip out the old wallpaper, it appeared that the plaster after having a dousing decided to attach itself to the wallpaper instead of the board on which it belonged.

In fact, the walls were still quite damp behind the wallpaper. Sooooo, now the walls are drying and before I can hang the paper, Doug will have to do a plaster repair.

That is how little projects turn into big ones. Arghhhhhh!

No comments: