Monday, August 02, 2010

the egg is out

When Courtney was younger and her family lived in New Jersey, I went to visit.
Tricia told me that she thought it was funny because
Courtney always hid the ceramic egg decoration
behind a little door in the hutch in the living room.
So....
I had an idea.
When I took the egg out,
(you can see it there on the table)
I put a piece of candy behind the door.
Imagine her surprise!
and my delight!
at her reaction when she went to hide the egg again.
It has become a nanamoo traditon.
Sometimes one or the other of the kids will say to me...
Nana, the egg is in.
That is just a sweet little reminder.
I always laugh
and try to remember to hide something
when none of them are looking,
which is a little tricker nowadays.
Usually on the last day that I am there,
the kids will find extra surprises!

1 comment:

debbie said...

that's cute. Has corky ever said why she hid it? Did you she think you would break it or steal it since she knew you lived in a birdhouse?