Saturday, November 15, 2008

november in the garden

aka Garden Bloggers Bloom Day or GBBD all over garden blogdom

DSC03326 DSC03327 DSC03328 The peas, cucumbers and beans are coming along nicely.

 

 

 

 DSC03313

The purple coneflower continues to delight. Other herbs in bloom at the moment are tarragon and the pineapple sage.

 

DSC03322 DSC03311

DSC03324

I bought a red trumpet vine at the garden fair since the yellow ones seem so happy at my house. I hope it does as well. I'll hope for pictures of it in the future. It is not even planted at the moment however.

And speaking of the Mt. Dora Garden Fair, I got this blanket flower, which is just about spent, but I have been looking for one of these for ages. I'll look forward to more next season.

I also got this interesting yellow spikey thing that I have high hopes for.

DSC03319 DSC03316 (2) DSC03329 The chocolate mint coleus is still blooming although it is an annual and well past her season. And I was delighted to see this rose bush put out tons of blooms the past month now that it has some sun again.DSC03312 DSC03314 DSC03335 DSC03315 DSC03310

These four are steady performers year round.

DSC03331 

DSC03334

Lastly, I want to share the Swedish ivy baskets that I got at the farmer's market at Renningers for $5 a piece. I have only recently learned that they are not Swedish nor ivy, but native to southeast Africa. Whatever...They are in bloom all across the front porch of my house and I am delighted !

2 comments:

Melody said...

I agree, it all looks wonderful, doesn't matter what it REALLY is.

I'm also glad that you share all of this because you know that I won't be having any posts like this one. I seem to kill EVERYTHING. I think I have a black thumb.

Mary said...

What beauty you get to enjoy each day! I'm glad you share your beauties with all of us who don't have a green thumb like you do. Melody and I must be related as whenever I get a plant from a student it dies in just a couple of days.