Thursday, November 13, 2008

what they say

Ever wonder what people say about you? Today I overheard an interesting after school conversation among quite a few of my students.

"Mrs. Carter is really smart.

Yeah, but Mrs. Cubbage is really fun."

With all kinds of approving comments, nods etc seconding both statements.

Which got me to thinking about a game our family played this summer called Would You Rather?

Would you rather be smart or fun? And while you are thinking about that, I will try and figure out how smart you have to be to be smarter than a second grader and how fun you have to be to be more fun than Mrs. Cubbage.

4 comments:

Jordan Mathews said...

Atleast they are saying nice things about you!

debbie said...

I'm gonna have to go with fun. Although I think you can be both. What do second graders know? I mean, really? Hmmph

Melody said...

Well, this won't surprpise you since you know me quite well, but I MUST be both smart AND fun.

Thank you...

SpaceyKasey said...

I gotta go with smart.

I suppose if you're smart enough you can figure out how to be fun. But it would be pretty calculated and "red." :)

By the way, despite your persistent denials you are super-fun. But then I've never met Mrs. Cubbage.