Wednesday, November 12, 2008

eustis post office workers

above and beyone

There is normally a lot of mail in our box when we return from being gone. I had a lot of mail and 3 packages today. I took out the mail and the first package in a first trip to my car. The second package was heavy so I came back for it. For some reason, unknown to me then, I had to collect the third package from the workers, so I went inside and waited my turn, but not exactly, because the lady in front of me told me to go in front of her. When I got up to the desk, Carl retrieved the package for me. He put it on the scale, but I didn't really get it. I just thought he was putting it where I could reach it. Then he said, "Did you eat Wheaties for breakfast?" Huh, what? "Did you eat Wheaties for breakfast?" he asked again. Then he told me that he had the package on the scale because he wanted to weigh it. It weighed 43 pounds! (It wasn't even very big.) I said, "It weighs more than I do!" (He doesn't know about Chytraus exaggeration.) To which he responded that he didn't think that was true, because he thought that I must weigh something like 92 pounds. That made me laugh. Then he asked me where I parked and said he would meet me out there. I thought he was going to take a shortcut, but  a minute later he was walking next to me. When I asked him about the shortcut, he told me there wasn't one.

Thanks Carl!

2 comments:

Melody said...

How sweet!

I would have said that you weigh 80 pounds. What do you think about that?

Jordan Mathews said...

Things are decieving!