Sunday, June 22, 2008

debbie is not contrary

When our family goes on vacation, one or two of my Young Women take care of my garden. They always do a terrific job, and I come home and find things happy and healthy. However, the same thing does not happen when I leave home alone.This is how my husband gets in trouble when I go away. He gets up in the morning and intends to water the garden, but then he realizes that he really needs to get going and so he decides that he will water later. But when he comes home later, he is already late for a church meeting and off he goes. Late that night, he might remember my garden, but now it is well after dark and he decides water tomorrow. And so it goes. When I return home, one of the first things I do is survey for the damages. Then I am ... well, contrary.
So...imagine my surprise yesterday, after being gone all week, to find not only is everything alive and well. There are plants that (a) already bloomed in the spring, and they are blooming again and (b) were getting ready to bloom for the first time and they have begun.

Not wanting to be rude, but just wondering, I asked Doug if it rained all week. "Yes", he answered. "And...I watered your garden too!" Well done sweetie!!!

1 comment:

debbie said...

aw! The title magically changed. How sweet