Sunday, June 08, 2008

sunday visitors

Today was an unusual Sunday in the first place because when Brianna and I got home from church Doug was already here. Brianna kept wondering if he was sick or when he was leaving.

Megan came home from church with us because it just made more sense for her to be at our house this afternoon. I warned her on the way home that the house was not tidy and we had nothing to eat. I won't write what she said back to me, but I will say that it was comforting. We ate homemade macaroni and cheese (meaning not from a box, and ready made noodles that just had to be boiled) and applesauce. Luckily for her, she had a real dinner invitation for later in the day. And Brianna loved it because it is one of her favorite meals.


After a little while the 5 others that are going on the Road Trip with us a week from tomorrow came over and we painted "Road Trip 08" shirts on the porch. It was hot as anything outside, but we were lucky enough to have some breezes blow by. No one complained and mostly we just had a good time talking about camp coming up this week and making our shirts. I got some help with mine and so it turned out very adorable.

Then my friend Mary came over and gave me a birthday present and we had a nice little chat.

Afterwards I thought that I hadn't had such a social Sunday since I lived in the dorms at BYU. That probably isn't exactly true, nevertheless, it was a really nice Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Wise Family said...

Those shirts are so cute... I bet you and the girls are getting so excited! I hope you guys all have a great time and are extra safe. They are so lucky to have such an amazing YW President.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for letting us come over! It was so nice, especially with the breeze. All the shirts turned out so cute! I can't wait for the road trip!