Thursday, June 19, 2008

road trip day 4

After partying in the pool until well after midnight, there were a bunch of sleepy heads around here this morning. We finally got on the road just before noon and headed over to the Jacksonville Landing where we took the ferry for a ride on the St. Johns River.
Apparently, the people at the tourist information have never ridden the trolleys downtown or they would not have recommended them to us. I am telling you to avoid them. We were told that you could ride all over the city and get on and off as you like. I have ridden trolleys like these in many cities. This time however, pretty much right off the bat, I was nervous. After about half an hour and not seeing a single solitary place that I would even consider disembarking for, let alone drag along my beautiful YW, I finally said to the driver, "Are you going back to the place where we got on?" To which he replied, "Ma'am, you are on the trolley for the homeless." And then he said that he would take us back, which happened about 10 minutes, but felt like much more, later. The following picture was taken as we got on.
John came home from work and took us all to the King and the Bear (think Palmer and Nicklaus) for a golf lesson. It was a great evening for it and the girls spent an hour and a half hitting away.

We have a new sport for our YW activity nights!

5 comments:

Chopper said...

The girls did great, and besides, sometimes it just feels good to hit something. I'm glad I got to be part of your activity.

John

Cherylyn said...

Where did your girls get such cute shorts? Seriously, I want to know.

Gail said...

I am thoroughly jealous of all the creative adventures you are having! Cherylyn, I can't speak for the other girls, but Megan's shorts are from Penneys. :-)

Melody said...

I just love how all of the girls match, kind of.

Anonymous said...

Nashua's are from 5.7.9