Monday, June 02, 2008

the good and bad of monday

This is what happened today:

Good: I only had 15 kids in my classroom. I know it is not supposed to be a good thing to be missing kids. It doesn't seem to matter which kids are out (okay sometimes it does make a big difference which kids are out) but even when the best kid is missing...less is just easier and easier is nice.

Not good: We realized that my brand spanking new dishwasher is not working. So...after three phone calls to Asko and four phone calls to Moon Appliance where we purchased it and 2 more phone calls to the person who is going to come and have a look at it on Wednesday, I was well and truly miffed. It annoys me that you have to be the Wicked Witch of the West to have people take you seriously. Among the ridiculous things that I heard on the phone today, my favorite comment has to be when I was told that you are not put in the system for a month after you make a purchase so they couldn't help me. Pardon? Are you kidding me?

Good: Brianna came to school with me until 1:00. It is always nice to have an extra pair of hands and she is pretty strict with those kids. She is excited because she is spending the next few days at the beach with Natalie, which is why she got picked up at 1. She called me a few minutes ago to say that they were having a good time and that she loves me.

Not good: The car salesman called me At School! at 3:00 and said that they were putting in the DVD player as we spoke and we could pick up the car today. Great, I said. Call me when it's done. He called at 7:00 to tell me that someone had picked up the wrong DVD player, apparently one meant for a car with a sunroof, which my car does not have. So they are going to try again tomorrow. another someone at the dealership said those guys charge at a rate of $98 per hour. I am just wondering if it took them over four hours to figure out they had the wrong DVD player?

Good: It came up in class today that my birthday is on the last day of school. My last day with the kids is tomorrow, but their last day is Friday. FYI--You can only count on this being a good experience with the younger kids. Of course, someone said, "How old are you going to be?" And I said, "Guess!" And they were saying things like 29 and 34. LOL Love it!

Not good: Doug took his car into be serviced and it was not the "minor repair" that he had been hoping for.

Good: Doug and I went grocery shopping and planned a nice little dinner together tonight.

Not good: I ended up talking on the phone while he ate alone.

Good: Doug sat with me while I ate so that I didn't have to eat alone.

Not good: I think the girls are worrying about what to get me for my birthday because they are calling him tonight instead of me.

Good: I feel loved!

Not good: I am exhausted.

Good: It is bedtime.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Too cute! I love how you had a 'good' for each 'not good'.

SpaceyKasey said...

I've been out of town, so I'm a little out of it. Trying to do the math...Is today your birthday, then? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you're treated like a queen.