Friday, June 13, 2008

my camper

Today was the last day of girl's camp. My camper is home full of wonderful memories. She also brought a few camp awards with her as well, including third place in archery yesterday. Tonight as I was listening to the girls bear their testimonies of the Savior and express their gratitude for this beautiful world, I couldn't help but be grateful for the wonderful leaders and the hundreds of hours of effort and planning that have gone into this event to make it so special for so many girls. As a parent and as a leader I feel overwhelmed by the love and dedication that has been given to this project.

I am thankful for a group of girls that I can trust and for their kind and generous spirits. I am thankful for Wanda, who was willing to laugh and play with the girls all hours of the day and night. I am thankful for the women who serve with me day in and day out, week after week. Stephanie, Roxanne, and Debbie always do whatever it takes. I am grateful for Linda, Betsy and Susan who are so supportive of all the girls in our area. They are the most positive and helpful people. And I am especially thankful for the camp director, Amy, who is just an amazing woman and it is a privilege to know her.

I feel that they are the the type of people Elder Eyring was talking about when he that that they are"true servants and angels." They are helping the girls along the lighted path. They have made that path brighter for my camper and for me.

2 comments:

debbie said...

Thank you for the kind words.

Brianna is awesome

Lugo's said...

She is such a wonderful girl. Her picrure is beautiful. She reminds me of a Ralph Lauren ad with the all-american girl.