Sunday, June 01, 2008

sunday night

Tonight I am listening the the piano music of Wayne Gratz, which I think is just beautiful. I like New Age piano music. I had been reading North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I liked this paragraph at the end of chapter eight:

"Margaret went home, wondering at her new friends, and smiling at the man's insight into what had been passing in her mind. From that day Milton became a brighter place to her. It was not the long bleak sunny days of spring, nor yet was it that time was reconciling her to the town of her habitation. It was that in it she had found a human interest."

Then I got an email from Debbie Clayton. She asks questions that I have to think hard and dig deep to answer.

Here is what I loved about church today. I loved listening to the members bear their testimonies of Jesus Christ. I loved the peace I felt. I thought about how their testimonies were a strength to mine. I thought of the hundreds, maybe even by now, thousands of testimonies that I have heard in my life. I thought of the bond among believers, followers of the Savior. I am grateful for their words.

Later in Sunday School class, someone mentioned their own gratitude for the testimonies today. That was an especially good moment for me, not because ultimately, I bore my own testimony near the end of that earlier meeting. It was good moment for me, because I felt like I understood what he was talking about. He had an insight of what was passing in my mind. I felt a bond with this person that I don't believe I have ever even spoken to--a human interest, I guess you could say. Thank you Elizabeth Gaskell for your words, which help me explain my own feelings.

1 comment:

Melody said...

You are getting deep on me Debbie! I love you for that, and many other reasons.

Thank you for your testimony and for loving me, even with my weaknesses/issues.

:)