Friday, October 08, 2010

stealing melanie’s post

Papa is Here

My dad arrived late Tuesday night.  All my boys woke up sick on Wednesday.  Truman may or may not have just been sick of school.  They spent the morning playing Mouse Trap with Papa and watching Blue Angels videos on the internet.  Then everyone climbed into the car for lunch at In-n-Out. 

Truman was amazed to come home from school the next day and see Papa eating In-n-Out again!

Later that afternoon, Truman had his soccer game.

This is when I get a huge lump in my throat.

Because every week we see grandparents at the games supporting and cheering on their grandchildren, and I suppress my envy.  But, today, Papa was here.  And, we were at the game early, so Papa went out and played with the early arrivals.  He even matched the boys and looked like the Coach!

During the game, my other boys climbed all over Papa instead of me.

This is what I miss.

Truman played amazing and ran his little heart out...

and he even earned Player of the Week.

It is awesome having Papa here.

No comments: