Friday, October 08, 2010

svetlana

I got a surprise phone call this morning from my friend, Svetlana. We met in Argentina. She and her husband were from the Ukraine. Svetlana became my friend and my seamtress. She sewed ALL of the dresses for Melanie’s wedding at my home in Buenos Aires. Then, we brought her to the United States with us for the Big Event.

I last saw her and her husband the day we left Argentina ten years ago, and I have only spoken with her once, a few months later. So when she called, we had some catching up to do!

She and her husband returned to the Ukraine. Jasha (Jacob) and Jeffim (Jeffrey) were born. Now they are 8 and 6 years old.

svet1 Four years ago, Svetlana applied to a green card lottery for herself and her husband. Fedya won. They all returned together to the United States and lived in Philadelphia amongst other Russian immigrants until a couple of months ago. svet2 They have moved to Bothell, Washington, just outside metropolitan Seattle. Both Fedya and Svetlana are students.svet3

I love catching up!

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That's a really cool story!
a lottery! that's something I've never heard of!